Anyone getting the Advanced Warfare Xbox one?

Gaming Chat

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you getting the Advanced Warfare Xbox One?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 19 (28.36%) Yup, love the way it looks!

× 48 (71.64%) No way, at the end of the day it's still COD

• Added 08-13-2014 06:20 AM
  • 67 votes
Your welcome. Now look at it this way, We D/L a game the next generation xbox comes out, now all the servers go down (Like the original xbox) no problem right? Well what happens when your box breaks and now you can't accesses the servers to D/L them again..what now? You just lost out on all theses games. Seriously the servers aren't going to be round forever. I'll take a disc anyway, so I can play any game any time, just like MS promised.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I have 27(ish) Xbox One games. Only Skylanders do I have a disk for and I've never had a problem.
I have 27(ish) Xbox One games. Only Skylanders do I have a disk for and I've never had a problem.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I think his point is right now everyone is fine, but eventually the 360 servers will go down, so the question is what happens then?
I think his point is right now everyone is fine, but eventually the 360 servers will go down, so the question is what happens then?
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
You can still play offline, IF MS ever did turn the servers off, they could easily do an OS patch that allowed the existing copies to run. Either you trust iTunes, Kindle, XBL or you don't. I have lots of old gaming systems and having those is no guarantee it'll work. Intellivision 2 are garbage, Atari 5200 controllers never work, early NES games with batteries don't won't save.. hell NES you have to swap out the PIN adapter to get it to work most of the time.
Send me the code, I will dl it here in the US for you, put it on a USB drive, and mail you the drive back. Will still get there quicker.

(On a serious suggestion, can you rent or borrow the disc? Install from the disc. Use the code on Xbox.com. Boot game from the console without disc in the drive. Game will then check your license, see that you can play it, and boot just fine. I did that with a few games.)
Originally Posted by futiles
I can give anything a try...I am talking about borrowing the disc, not the USB option, although tempting =)
I can give anything a try...I am talking about borrowing the disc, not the USB option, although tempting =)
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
I do the disc option fairly regularly. I borrow games from the library, see if I like them, and then just buy the license if I do. (Sometimes through the console, sometimes through xbox.com)

I can tell you the method works with a code, too, since I got CoD:Ghosts on disc for Christmas, and then later was given the 360/X1 digital code combo. I put that code in online (xbox.com), and when I got home, Ghosts launched from the X1 with no disc in the tray.
I do the disc option fairly regularly. I borrow games from the library, see if I like them, and then just buy the license if I do. (Sometimes through the console, sometimes through xbox.com)

I can tell you the method works with a code, too, since I got CoD:Ghosts on disc for Christmas, and then later was given the 360/X1 digital code combo. I put that code in online (xbox.com), and when I got home, Ghosts launched from the X1 with no disc in the tray.
Originally Posted by futiles
Excellent! Thanks for the information Futiles. You are always helpful.
Personally I don't like the look of the half and half color scheme,if it was one color , it would've looked better. The controller looks kinda sweet though
I'm going to wait for the reviews; I got really burned out from Ghosts.
Since I don't have one yet, I may as well make it this one, right?
Since I don't have one yet, I may as well make it this one, right?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Its a good bundle I admit, but if I was to get a bundle it would be the inevitable Halo style bundle.
Its a good bundle I admit, but if I was to get a bundle it would be the inevitable Halo style bundle.
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
I don't find it to be good. They have and have had a few bundles now, Titanfall, Forza, Sunset Overdrive and Madden, which were full systems and a game, no markup.

This is a $400 version for $500, because of the paint and an extra 500GB.

$100 gets you a 2TB USB3 external. $150 gets you 4TB. The game is nothing special. So, the question is, is the paint scheme with $100, and will never have a matching Kinect, so, if that is important to you, there it is.

Now, if it was a Kinect system, with 1TB, and a Game, hell yeah.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account