Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

Started
Is there any way to add options on what I see as a new thread/post? Like block new threads/posts under "xxx" forum title or block new threads/post from "xxx" user or something? Maybe just a "mark this thread read and never alert me to it ever again" option?

I'm struggling to keep up with and/or care about what's going on when every time I log into this site I have 124 unread posts. Just looking for a way to filter out the crap I don't care to read vs the stuff I'd like to keep up with.
Yes, spam seems to have increased exponentially.

I like the "Mark All as Read" - but, that isn't always what I want. Maybe even just marking a specific thread, or ignoring a thread (forever - like dacoto suggests), or some way to reduce what I see as spam would be welcome.

I don't know if anyone uses BoardGameGeek.com, but they have a Block/Ignore user that might work well here, and, discussing your block/ignore list publicly leads to YOU being suspended/banned. That would be welcome.
yes we need this feature bad not to be rude or anything but ive seen alot of useless threads made
I like this idea, but it would require quite a bit of work. I can look into adding AJAX controls to the Unread Posts page (http://www.gamertagnation.com/forums/search/new/). That would enable you to mark individual threads as read without having to mark all threads as read, or visiting each thread and marking all unread posts as read. I could expand this with additional options later.

Also, I am working on a blocking feature so you can block specific users from posting on your profile. That would work similar to an ignore list, or the blocked users feature on Facebook.
Also, I am working on a blocking feature so you can block specific users from posting on your profile. That would work similar to an ignore list, or the blocked users feature on Facebook.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I love you.
Fantastic Eric. Please keep us updated to this!

I like the "Mark All as Read" - but, that isn't always what I want. Maybe even just marking a specific thread, or ignoring a thread (forever - like dacoto suggests), or some way to reduce what I see as spam would be welcome.

I don't know if anyone uses BoardGameGeek.com, but they have a Block/Ignore user that might work well here, and, discussing your block/ignore list publicly leads to YOU being suspended/banned. That would be welcome.
Originally Posted by futiles
I think QuickNinjaz been posting tons of new threads, but they are all game related so I was just trying to keep up. I kinda assumed he was either going for a badge, looking to be helpful, maybe wants a staff role as news guy. Either way, I've already offered my opinion on the site so I'm just going to let the staff and Eric decide how they want things.
I think QuickNinjaz been posting tons of new threads, but they are all game related so I was just trying to keep up. I kinda assumed he was either going for a badge, looking to be helpful, maybe wants a staff role as news guy. Either way, I've already offered my opinion on the site so I'm just going to let the staff and Eric decide how they want things.
Originally Posted by Kaens
He used to post a lot of this stuff on 360voice, so I'll vouch that he would post game stuff without the extra motivation of a badge.
He used to post a lot of this stuff on 360voice, so I'll vouch that he would post game stuff without the extra motivation of a badge.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Personally I think it's pretty cool, if he'd 'edit' what he is posting a little better. It has certainly driven a lot of the discussions here. It's better than checking back and no one has posted.
Originally Posted by futiles
This is a complete understatement.
Personally I think it's pretty cool, if he'd 'edit' what he is posting a little better. It has certainly driven a lot of the discussions here. It's better than checking back and no one has posted.
Originally Posted by Kaens
THIS.

I don't mind the posts, but, maybe more than just a link. Take a minute, give a concise rundown, then a source link.

Also, if you post a Watch_Dogs patch update story, and then have a new one, EDIT and add to the original, don't make a second, similar.

Oh, and thank you Eric. That was wonderfully quick.
Not that I had an ulterior motive, but does this count as a new site feature or something for the "Bright Idea" badge?

Because, TBH, I just want to be able to manage the amount of "spam" I have to filter through every time I log on. And really, it just comes down to Things Eric Deems Beneficial for Members. And THAT is what is important. Giving users the ability to really customize their experience with the site.
As for Quick the issue has already been brought up within staff circles and as long as he's not posting anything that is malicious in nature (redirects that make him money/spam) or the same thing over and over, he's basically not breaking any rules and as it seems is actually stimulating some conversations in said threads.
Not that I had an ulterior motive, but does this count as a new site feature or something for the "Bright Idea" badge?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Thanks for submitting this great idea. The badge is now yours. Smile
Thanks for submitting this great idea. The badge is now yours. Smile
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I'm not sure which hurts more, that Dacoto has a badge I don't or that he had a great idea... Congrats Dacoto.
I'm not sure which hurts more, that Dacoto has a badge I don't or that he had a great idea... Congrats Dacoto.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Pretty sure the hurt is only the badge... the fact he had a great idea is just scary :P
Hey hey hey. I'm good for one great idea per site. This concludes my great idea suggestion, and now will be filled with trolling and general asshattery.

Jerks!
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Only if it's implemented. Calm down mow, it'll come.
Only if it's implemented. Calm down mow, it'll come.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
It is implemented. At least in part.
So how goes the progress on this filter system?

Because it's taking every ounce of my will to continue to visit the forums here. Honestly, I receive less spam on my FB wall than I do here looking through the forums.

I really don't need to see the same announcement posted to 5 different versions of the same game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account