What are the chances?

Feature Requests

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

Dynamic genres...
Originally Posted by futiles
Exactly my point...
Exactly my point...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I actually would not mind seeing my old dynamic genre proposal take life somewhere. Of course, you know that no matter what you do, it will be wrong, right?
The original intent of the genre badges was to represent the genres that a user played the most per Fatty Chubs. Aside from that, there's always the games that get delisted or have a lot of unobtainables. So how do you be fair to the people that are newer?

And at the end of the day, how do you balance a bunch of new gaming badges against the site/social badges... I'm sure people hate both kinds of badges...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
If new people come late and a game has a bunch of unobtainables, guess what? Tough shit! That's life. You should have bought the game earlier and now you are paying the price for being late to the party. There is nothing unfair about that.

No matter how you decide to slice and dice the genres (within reason), each would have a minimum of 30+ retails games, 30+ arcade games. If you missed 2-3 of totals period because somehow all of the games achievements were unobtainable you would barely be impacted and again - tough shit.
If new people come late and a game has a bunch of unobtainables, guess what? Tough shit! That's life. You should have bought the game earlier and now you are paying the price for being late to the party. There is nothing unfair about that.

No matter how you decide to slice and dice the genres (within reason), each would have a minimum of 30+ retails games, 30+ arcade games. If you missed 2-3 of totals period because somehow all of the games achievements were unobtainable you would barely be impacted and again - tough shit.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Hey, you weren't a 3VCE, how did you quote my post from one of their private forums?
Hey, you weren't a 3VCE, how did you quote my post from one of their private forums?
Originally Posted by futiles
I don't even know what a 3VCE is, but I was a 360voice member pretty much as long as anyone else. Fsh & I joined the same day!
I don't even know what a 3VCE is, but I was a 360voice member pretty much as long as anyone else. Fsh & I joined the same day!
Originally Posted by Kaens
That was the term for the mods there. 360 Voice Community Experts. We had private forums, like mods at any site do, and I think I expressed (almost verbatim) that same sentiment.
Because his post is just common sense. People cant whine because they missed out on a game for being slow. That line of thinking is so illogical I can't get my head around it. I for one would like genre badges, I would also be ok with a team or even one person deciding which games go where. The only people that would get that responsibility are ones that could be trusted to make right decisions. ok maybe right is the wrong choice of word there. They would make logical decisions. I see this as a way for the site to move forward and become even better. Why let a few people who may disagree be the stopping point?
So how about it can we get some new badges here?

Staff? Eric?
So how about it can we get some new badges here?

Staff? Eric?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Well Eric is constantly looking at the badges, he actually sneeks a few in here and there. His last big update was extending runs on some of the badges already in existents, most notably the log in for 500 consecutive days...grrr... Lol.. As for the stand point on new badges, that's Erics call he's the main man and the making of new badges is his pride and joy. He doesn't like or want to saturate the site with too many badges too quickly. I for one personally would love to see some sort of genre badges in some capacity and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean badges are not being discussed. Hopefully I or someone else will have more info for you at a later time.
I too would love to see a slew of new badges released over the course of this year and next. Genre badges would be great and as to being slow to a game/genre too bad, I had to start a new profile and start all my games over again all my fault when I set up my x1 but in no way I'm I gonna whine if I don't get a badge, although I would love to get all that I'm capable of obtaining.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account