Block multiple/repeated Friend Requests

Feature Requests

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Started' - I plan on rolling out a block list feature later today. This will enable you to block specific users from posting comments on your profile, sending you private messages and friend requests, and hide their posts in the forums.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Will there be levels of blocking/ignoring?

Or will the code of the site really only allow for all or nothing?

Example (not actually depicting a real situation, but using gamertags for demonstration):

futiles is tired of dacoto's shenanigans, and has decided he no longer wants to see any of dacoto's posts, messages, friend requests, questionable pictures, wedding invitations, or status updates, and blocks him entirely. For all purposes, dacoto is dead to futiles.

futiles does not mind Hotdogmcgee's shenanigans on the forum, but has tired of the endless friend requests, and follow messages of "why won't you be my friend? what did I do? it's just a game site. please help me get a badge." So, futiles wants to block Hotdogmcgee from PMing or attempting to friend futiles.

Will have the option to do that? Would you be able to break it down even more, say in our block user list, could we manage what is and is not blocked from a user? Could these be add-on features down the road? Is it just making the overall request to cumbersome and we need to just be happy with what we have? (Which is great so far!)
So, funny story. You can still be friends with people on your blocked list.

I should clarify: You remain friends with people you block, if you were friends prior to the blocking. Amusing.
So, funny story. You can still be friends with people on your blocked list.

I should clarify: You remain friends with people you block, if you were friends prior to the blocking. Amusing.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yes, that was unexpected...
Yes, that was unexpected...
Originally Posted by futiles
There is still one more thing to try and test out with this system. Have to wait for the right copy to paste in.
Status changed from 'Started' to 'Completed' - This is now complete. Check out this handy guide in the Help Center for a full breakdown of the new blocking feature: http://www.gamertagnation.com/help.php?faq=blocklist

As mentioned earlier, you can now manage your blocklist from the Account Dashboard. It's located under Friends/Blocking > Block List. Here's a direct link to this page: http://www.gamertagnation.com/myaccount/blocklist/
Status changed from 'Started' to 'Completed' - This is now complete. Check out this handy guide in the Help Center for a full breakdown of the new blocking feature: http://www.gamertagnation.com/help.php?faq=blocklist

As mentioned earlier, you can now manage your blocklist from the Account Dashboard. It's located under Friends/Blocking > Block List. Here's a direct link to this page: http://www.gamertagnation.com/myaccount/blocklist/
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
That's actually just blocking them entirely, isn't it?

My request was specifically block Friend Request, and nothing else. This actually doesn't address the initial request. It's OK if the initial request isn't going to happen, but, this would be rejected, not completed.

My request was specifically block Friend Request, and nothing else. This actually doesn't address the initial request. It's OK if the initial request isn't going to happen, but, this would be rejected, not completed.
I know other people asked to block the user everywhere so they could pretend the individual does not exist.
I know other people asked to block the user everywhere so they could pretend the individual does not exist.
Originally Posted by Kaens
That's absolutely right, and I did as well, but, this thread, I started specifically to stop multiple friend requests. I love the block feature as it is, and if that is all we get, fabulous, but, I was requesting a deeper level of control in this thread.
That's absolutely right, and I did as well, but, this thread, I started specifically to stop multiple friend requests. I love the block feature as it is, and if that is all we get, fabulous, but, I was requesting a deeper level of control in this thread.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Eric blocked you and never saw these? Fortunately, Eric is too nice to do something like that.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Eric blocked you and never saw these? Fortunately, Eric is too nice to do something like that.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
THAT WOULD BE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!!

My sense of humor would automatically make that the best point of my day.

There is already a built in function, Eric would have to explain it as I do don't know where it is located. Maybe it is one of the options you need to toggle on/off.

Here is an example of how it works: USER

Is that what you are looking for?
There is already a built in function, Eric would have to explain it as I do don't know where it is located. Maybe it is one of the options you need to toggle on/off.

Here is an example of how it works: USER

Is that what you are looking for?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I am not sure what you are showing me there. Nothing about that page looks any different to me than any other user's page.
I am not sure what you are showing me there. Nothing about that page looks any different to me than any other user's page.
Try to add him as a friend.
Try to add him as a friend.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
That isn't what I'm asking for. I don't care if someone sends me a single friend request, and, depending on who it is, I may accept it.

But, if I reject it, and they send me a second request (usually immediately after I reject), then I would like to be able to block that single person from sending me friend requests.

Obviously, I am not wholesale against friends on this site, I have double digits (I think) of them.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account