Broadcasting on Twitch

Feature Requests

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Can we add some kind of notifier on our profile page when we are broadcasting on Twitch?
Like TA does? This site doesn't have the resources to constantly update in real time.

People that follow you on twitch will get a notification on their xbone when you start to broadcast. Just wear something skimpy and you'll get more followers.
Like TA does? This site doesn't have the resources to constantly update in real time.

People that follow you on twitch will get a notification on their xbone when you start to broadcast. Just wear something skimpy and you'll get more followers.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Well, twitch has an API for its feed and stream, so, this is actually not difficult to accomplish. I built a little page that incorporates my twitch stream, twitch chat channel, Extra Life donations, and Extra Life status. So, this site could easily incorporate your personal twitch feed into your personal page. That would not be resource intensive at all.
I actually hate Twitch and the twitch scream notifications. I cannot find a way to disable the notifications on Xbox each time someone starts a stream. I hate it. Then I grab my iPad and go to the bathroom, and there are tons of notifications on there too. Irritating as hell.
I actually hate Twitch and the twitch scream notifications. I cannot find a way to disable the notifications on Xbox each time someone starts a stream. I hate it. Then I grab my iPad and go to the bathroom, and there are tons of notifications on there too. Irritating as hell.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I don't get ANY twitch notifications on my console. And I only get a couple via e-mail, since there are only 2 or 3 that I care about, and it is all Extra Lifers. I'll see if I can figure out where my limiters are, and pass them on to you.
I don't get ANY twitch notifications on my console. And I only get a couple via e-mail, since there are only 2 or 3 that I care about, and it is all Extra Lifers. I'll see if I can figure out where my limiters are, and pass them on to you.
Originally Posted by futiles
Probably cause you limit the # of people on your friends list... Or you don't have a bunch of friends that like to expose themselves on a regular basis.

Something skimpy... Will I get huge donations?
Probably cause you limit the # of people on your friends list... Or you don't have a bunch of friends that like to expose themselves on a regular basis.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Honestly, for the X1 notifications, that really could be it. 42 friends on the Xbox Platform, no followers (and when someone does follow me, I block them). Of those 42, maybe 3 stream sometimes. But, on Twitch.tv, I have notifications turned off for many of the options.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ditto, but unless the Twitch app is pre-installed, I don't have it so I figure that's why I don't get pestered with notifications.
You shouldn't get notifications unless you've turned them on via Twitch. Just go to Twitch.com, look at who you're following, and turn off notifications for each of them. Quick and easy.
I have all twitch notifications turned off, that was the first thing I did. I'm telling you though, people like Stallion (was trying not to name names) who stream every single night, and I assume are doing it through the Xbox, I get notifications and cannot turn them off.

The only choice I could find to disable them is move people off my favorites, and turn notifications off for non-favorites. Trust me, Buck, if I go to twitch.com and try to manage it there, it says I haven't even subscribed to anyone (turned off the two I was using for cheevos). I've never followed anyone on twitch.com that pops up on my Xbox. It's a friends list twitch integration that I cannot disable.
Weird. I had the same thing with getting a notification for someone I didn't want (on my XB1, email, WP), and went to twitch.com (on my PC, not my XB1), clicked on the person I was following, and turned of the notification for that particular person. Haven't gotten one since (and they stream every day).
I have all twitch notifications turned off, that was the first thing I did. I'm telling you though, people like Stallion (was trying not to name names) who stream every single night, and I assume are doing it through the Xbox, I get notifications and cannot turn them off.

The only choice I could find to disable them is move people off my favorites, and turn notifications off for non-favorites. Trust me, Buck, if I go to twitch.com and try to manage it there, it says I haven't even subscribed to anyone (turned off the two I was using for cheevos). I've never followed anyone on twitch.com that pops up on my Xbox. It's a friends list twitch integration that I cannot disable.
You may be on to something with the favorites. I think I only have 8 people in my favorites, and those are the only people I get notifications on.

It doesn't need to be exactly like TA, I was looking to have anything that would show it. It would be up to Eric.

I'll make sure to wear my fishnets and heels
I was going to take screenshots but I got busy. Looking in my Twitch I don't have ANY subscriptions. It's an xbox thing (like I said)
I was going to take screenshots but I got busy. Looking in my Twitch I don't have ANY subscriptions. It's an xbox thing (like I said)
Specifically, it's probably a "favorites" thing. Since you get notifications from favorites, and you have too many people in your favorite (that would be an editorial statement, not a factual statement), that is probably the biggest different in our experiences.

But, your frustrations with notifications on the X1 don't really apply to Marvz request for notification on someone's profile page. I would assume if such a feature was created, then each user could turn his on or off. I pretty much accept that if I go to someone's profile, then I take whatever crap they have on it.

Now, don't send me any GTN e-mail that some asshat is broadcasting. I don't need that.
Must be that. I don't have very many people in my favorites, and they rarely broadcast. I have a few others that I have notifications turned on for, so I assumed I only got them for people I subscribe to. I guess they assumed if it's one of your favorites, you'll want to know if they're broadcasting. Whole lot of assumptions. Maybe they'll add they option to enable/disable notifications for favorites, like they do with seeing someone's real name.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account