Carriage returns in comments

Feature Requests

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Title says it all, instead of posting the message I'm working on, I'd like to be able to put carriage returns into the comments, then have to hit post.

Edit: You could make ctrl-enter to post, I use that all the time to send AIM or mails.
Title says it all, instead of posting the message I'm working on, I'd like to be able to put carriage returns into the comments, then have to hit post.

Edit: You could make ctrl-enter to post, I use that all the time to send AIM or mails.
Originally Posted by Kaens
So, I replied in your other thread. Firefox 33.1 (what I am using) enter functions as a carriage return, not a submit post...
I've switched to doing my personal stuff in chrome and my work stuff in firefox. This way I run both at same time and don't have cookie problems. Plus personal sites are more likely to lock up the browser and in chrome each tab is it's own instance so I only have to kill that page, not all of mine. Anyhow, here's what I'm using...

Version 38.0.2125.111 m
Google Chrome is up to date.
I almost just reported this again. I just verified it is still not doing what I want. I post in my feed, the carriage returns are there and it looks great, until I post then it all gets appended into one paragraph.
I don't even know what you mean by carriage returns?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
It's a term from the days of typewriters, and where the carriage (which carried the ribbon, ink and hammers) would drop down a line, and return to the original position to the far left of the paper. Which was different from a soft return, which would just drop down a line, but stay in position. It is still used as a term among developers and administrators to specifically refer to the enter key set in the alphanumeric section of your keyboard, which mimics the functionality of the carriage return.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
You should ask him about his horse and buggy...
You should ask him about his horse and buggy...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Uh I think I'm good... thanks.. and thank you futiles, even though I'm still little on the What?! side of this.. So instead of hitting the Return key you mean just hit the Down arrow? or is it the other way around, or am I still missing it? Either which way it means I'm still not sure what that would make things so much more easier? Unless your talking about an automatic post when you hit the return button an not have to actually hit he Post button below the actual post, i.e. Facebook posting?
Thanks futiles for trying. Yes I learned to type on a typewriter (and still put two spaces after periods) and yes I spent over a decade as a system administrator. So yeah, it's a carriage return. I don't know what else to call it. A dog is a dog, a carriage return is a carriage return. /shrug

B8tingu I mean the "Enter" key. Here's pics to make it obvious.

Here's what it looks like during composition...

After I post...
OOOOOOOOOO! Now I see, your looking at the automatic grouping of words even thought you don't ant them to be grouped. You want to space them out intentionally after you hit the spot button it would maintain the integrity of the spaces you placed regardless of the return function.. so you could possibly make those little text pics?

ttttttttttttt eeeeeee xxx xxx tttttttt
ttt ee xx tt
ttt eeeeee xx xxx tt

like my really awful pathetic attempt at one there?
That's ASCII "art" and no that's not what I mean. Granted it would allow people to do that, but I would like to make paragraphs or lists. More like, here's the list of games people who are going to outlast B8 in the GTASC..

Musquito
Preludecris
ThreadedCheetah
Mephisto4thewin
Cloud XTUK
Kaens

If I posted that in a comment it would look like this..

Musquito Preludecris ThreadedCheetah Mephisto4thewin Cloud XTUK Kaens
Cool, thanks for the info. Just trying to better understand the situations and stuff...mam your so crule...out last me...lol...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account