Pretty please, with sugar on top

Feature Requests

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Please, could we at least get a toggle to switch back to the full site when viewing on a mobile device? This is a feature most sites with mobile versions offer. I really do not like the current mobile version, as documented elsewhere, and would love to have the option to kick back to full.

Also, I do not want to set my device to "desktop mode" as there are plenty of mobile format sites that work and I use them as such on my device. So please, pretty please, with sugar, sprinkles, whip cream and a cherry on top, can I get a "View Full Site" link on the mobile site?
I voted yes. Well if there was a poll I would have. Granted, the new mobile site is a dramatic improvement to the old one.
I voted yes. Well if there was a poll I would have. Granted, the new mobile site is a dramatic improvement to the old one.
Originally Posted by Kaens
See, I never used the old mobile site, I used the full site. Unless that was the mobile. And my experience is actually much worse on this version.
I second that, not because I want it myself, coz now the site works on my phone, but I know there are other sites that I actually use desktop version of it on my phone so i can understand his Point of view
If your on IOS you can choose to view full site.
If your on IOS you can choose to view full site.
Originally Posted by DAYONECopesnuff
You mean in the browser settings? Yes, we said that. If you mean that Safari baked into iOS has a link on the page that says "View Full Site" that would be interesting.
Use Chrome and the three dot on the side and there you can view full site. don't know about Safari but at the bottom of the page it has a desktop monitor that make mine go to full site. I have the iPhone 6 plus don't know if that makes a difference.
Use Chrome and the three dot on the side and there you can view full site. don't know about Safari but at the bottom of the page it has a desktop monitor that make mine go to full site. I have the iPhone 6 plus don't know if that makes a difference.
Originally Posted by DAYONECopesnuff
So, that is a device/app specific option then, and unfortunately would not apply for me, which brings me back to my initial request, please give us a "view full site" link.
So, that is a device/app specific option then, and unfortunately would not apply for me, which brings me back to my initial request, please give us a "view full site" link.
Originally Posted by futiles
Like I told my wife yesterday, "I didn't pay $600 for a phone so I could have a dumbed down shitty experience viewing webpages. Mobile versions are for old people."
Like I told my wife yesterday, "I didn't pay $600 for a phone so I could have a dumbed down shitty experience viewing webpages. Mobile versions are for old people."
Originally Posted by Kaens
There are some sites out there that have truly fantastic mobile versions, even better than their full version, but, this is not one...
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Completed' - You can now toggle between the desktop and mobile versions of the site while on your mobile device. To enable the desktop site, simply click the Desktop button located at the bottom of each page. You can toggle back to the mobile site using a link that will be positioned at the top of the page. It saves this setting as a cookie, so your preference should carry over the next time you visit the site from that device.
Confirmed!!!

Thank you. Oh, and does this count as something added to the site?
It sure does! Consider yourself the latest recipient of the Bright Idea badge. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account