Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next generation?

Gaming Chat

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you staying with Microsoft?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 34 (60.71%) Yes, loved my 360, got or will get an XBox One

× 3 (5.36%) Time to switch, going PS4.

× 1 (1.79%) Wii U time!

× 11 (19.64%) Why choose? I have/will get an XBox One and another console

× 0 (0%) What do you mean staying? Didn't have a 360, XBox One is my first MS Console

× 7 (12.50%) Still deciding if/when I want to get a next-gen console

• Added 10-17-2014 09:29 PM
  • 56 votes
I'm sure there has likely been a thread like this, but my own decision got me wondering about other people. As many people here know, especially those who were on 360voice, I loved playing my 360, possibly too much. Now I've decided the next gen systems are worth looking into, but I'm not sure whether I want to stick with Microsoft and get the Xbox One or switch back to Sony (I have a PS2 that I also played a lot of games on) and get the PS4. I'm curious how others feel about this.
I bought the Day One Edition last year and am pleased with it overall. I admit that I was disappointed at how many staple features of the 360 were missing, but they have been hard at work rectifying that problem.
Well considering this is a Xbox site I'm not surprised by the outcome so far, but I am a little curious as to who voted on leaving to the PS4...but me I consider myself a video gamer of every generation, been playing and watching the console get better and better. I've sampled and owned most every iteration since Atari 2600. O thought myself a Nintendo fan on its release and quickly switched to Sony, but the day I met the X-Box changed me forever... Now with system prices the way they are and the games being very much the same between the systems out (save the exclusives) I don't find the need to own two systems.. I'm happy with my decision. Sony hasn't impressed me as much as Microsoft has.
I'll probably end up with both of them eventually (sorry Nintendo but you've kind of been dead to me since the GameCube) but for now I'm going with the PS4.

I've never really been loyal to one platform over another I just go with whichever one has more games I'm interested in and this time that boils down to PlayStation having Infamous, Uncharted, Ys, Persona, The Order 1886, Killzone, and better JRPG support (historically speaking) versus Xbox having Halo and things like Fable, Gears of War and Dead Rising which are decent games but I won't miss them at all.

Add to that some lingering negative feelings toward Microsoft for their initial always online, Kinect required vision for the Xbox One and it ended up being an unfortunately easy decision for me.
im curious as to why ppl never mentioned the Magnavox Odessey 200 that came in 1972 4 years b4 atari or is every1 to young to remember that far back? atari was NOT the 1st console yall r so wrong atari was the 2nd video game console made
im curious as to why ppl never mentioned the Magnavox Odessey 200 that came in 1972 4 years b4 atari or is every1 to young to remember that far back? atari was NOT the 1st console yall r so wrong atari was the 2nd video game console made
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
Yes the Odesseey was before my time and probably not that well advertised. I also never said Atari was the first console, I have said that it was MY first console.. but not in this thread.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account