Bump up the Session Timeout to 30 minutes

Feature Requests

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Based on some comments in the Flash mob thread, a lot of people are losing their session unless they use the Remember Me option. I checked the settings and it looks like it is set to 15 minutes. I think we could bump it up to 30 and not cause too many issues and give a better experience.
Get it done. We all need another badge, like yesterday, so get it done. NOW. Hurry the F up!!!

Big Grin
No, people are losing their streaks because they are doing it wrong. I created an extra tab in Firefox, set to auto login/password remembered, and open tab on Firefox launch. So, any PC I log into, and open a sync'd Firefox account, launched GTN and 250 (or whatever) days later, I had all the badges.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people don't just check the remember me if they are really wanting the badge that bad. Just check the little box when you log in and leave the tab open and pinned or something.
Just check the little box when you log in and leave the tab open and pinned or something.
Originally Posted by Canadian8tor
This isn't enough. You need to open a new page impression every day to count, not just leave the tab open.

I always have the tab open, and the last time my streak reset was when, instead of using the site, I went to the pub and then passed out before I remembered to use it that day :P

I was at 150-ish days at the time, but I knew it was my fault that it reset, by not being active in that 24 hour period.
Last edited 02-17-2015 at 05:17 PM by Dale Baldwin.
I'm over 500 days and I leave tabs open all over the place. Now granted, I click them all day long so probably not really relevant, BUT if you have a tab opened, you are much more likely to go click it.
If you have your browser auto open a tab dedicated to the site...
I'm over 500 days and I leave tabs open all over the place. Now granted, I click them all day long so probably not really relevant, BUT if you have a tab opened, you are much more likely to go click it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I figured you had something on a timer to make sure you visit every day. Although it's not too hard as long as you participate on the site every day, which of course you do.

I hit 250 tomorrow. It's like any other streak, you have to build it into your routine and plan ahead when your routine changes.
Just a personal observation, but rather than change the infrastructure of the way the site operates, wouldn't it be just as easy to create a specific page that you could "sign into" that clears the sign ins once an hour like a guest book or similar idea? Or perhaps utilizing the social media connections that are already established on the site like tracking a tweet to the sites twitter handle or a specifically created handle for this express purpose? just my 85 cents
I figured you had something on a timer to make sure you visit every day. Although it's not too hard as long as you participate on the site every day, which of course you do.

I hit 250 tomorrow. It's like any other streak, you have to build it into your routine and plan ahead when your routine changes.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Nope, just using the site. No trickery here.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account