FIFA World Cup 2010

Sports

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

The greatest worldwide event happens every 4 years. So who's following the World Cup this year? What are your thoughts and/or predictions?

I started an ESPN World Cup Bracket with a couple of my friends and I decided to pick The Netherlands to win it all. Full disclosure: I'm from the US. :shifty:
i just watches the South Africa - Mexico game, and it ended in a tie. SA had much better shots on goal though, and they almost won it near the end of the game. they should have had a penalty kick that wasn't called, too.
i'm pulling for USA, of course, but there are other teams i wouldn't mind seeing either.
So what did you guys think of the USA vs. England match? As a fan of soccer/football, I'm proud of our US soccer team. Our goalkeeper was rock solid. Smile
i think they could have won as well. they didn't seem to have as many shots on goal, but the ones they did have were much better. one of them skimmed the post in the second half, and that almost put them ahead.
Your goalkeeper was an impenatrable wall for most of it.

Ours was shocking, with so many "hairline" saves.

Jolly good show from the US overall.
England will never win as long as the players only look out for themselves. They only play as a team when they need to and by that time it's too late as all key players are too tired from trying to hog the glory. People blame Green too much and seem to forget that there were ten other people who should have been alert, but as usual, too little too late.
I was at work this morning so I could only follow the game live at FIFA.com. I'm perfectly fine with a draw given the fact that we were down by 2 goals at halftime, but there seems to be a lot of controversy regarding a disallowed goal. Who else saw it? And what did you think?

USA vs. Slovenia Decided by Koman Coulibaly's Disallowed Goal (Video) -- Soccer FanHouse

I've got to hit up the DVR when I get home. Smile
it was blatantly stolen from the US. the ref had been making poor calls all game, and this one was absolutely terrible. if any call was made at all, it should have been a penalty kick for Bradley.
lack of replay and the small number of refs is what make international soccer so needlessly disappointing.
England will never win as long as the players only look out for themselves. They only play as a team when they need to and by that time it's too late as all key players are too tired from trying to hog the glory. People blame Green too much and seem to forget that there were ten other people who should have been alert, but as usual, too little too late.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
People don't blame Green for the match. Just for his stupid fumble.
Congrats to those of you in England. An amazing turn of events for both the US and England teams. I'm especially proud of the US team for pulling through with one of the most memorable goals in US soccer history. Smile
Well done to the US for coming head of their group. Some good football all around!
looks like the US will be playing Ghana too, the team most of Africa will probably be supporting now. should be fun to watch.
Sod the World Cup, did anyone see that epic Wimbledon match? It's been going for two days, today being the third. It's the longest match in the history of the tournament. Last I checked it was 59/59 so that's 118 games played.
yeah, it ended 70-68, Isner won. 11 total hours, 8 for that set alone. tons of records that won't be broken any time soon.
Looks like Germany's victory record for football is almost as bad as their War record.

And to spain... what embarrasment. They must be holding their swastikas in shame.

Just kidding.

Solid match with a nice header.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account