Is this a great ieda?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 27 (87.10%) Yes! Please add the Badge

× 4 (12.90%) Eh, I don't Care either way

× 2 (6.45%) Boo! I don't like this Badge Idea

• Added 08-22-2013 04:49 PM
  • 31 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
I think I have a good badge idea for the site. Badges for Achievement Rarity.

One badge for each grouping, Very Rare, Rare, Uncommon, etc...
with a level count for how many you have unlocked 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, etc...
It would depends on how many users are on the site though right? So could you lose a badge if you have a Super Rare achievement then as more people join it moves down to rare achievement if that was your only Super Rare?
I already mentioned this to Eric a week ago. He said that he would have to find some percentages out to weigh the achievements out in the correct catagorie
I'm not sure about the math or the ever changing math as people pop achievements, but would you not just use the existing %, i.e. 1%-5% = Super Rare and so on...
I'm not sure how it all works but I think if a badge pops for say 50 super rare achievements then if one was to go to just very rare you would keep the badge you just lose 1 achievement towards the next badge keeping you on your toes.
I'm not sure how it all works but I think if a badge pops for say 50 super rare achievements then if one was to go to just very rare you would keep the badge you just lose 1 achievement towards the next badge keeping you on your toes.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
That makes sense.
Thanks for the suggestion. Chaotikilla mentioned this to me earlier, and I asked for some time in setting it up. I need to rework the achievement rarity levels so that they're weighted accurately. For example, if 1 of 2 players unlock an achievement, the current system would label that as "Common" since it averages out to 50%. The new weighted average would compound the rarity level based on the number of players for that game. It's still a work in progress though.
Cool, will be nice to see this once you work it all out.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account